Arna Stefanía Guðmundsdóttir - Heptathlon
Date of birth:09/01/1995
Place of birth:Reykjavík
I started training athletics at the age of 8. That summer I was staying in Denmark with my uncle who lived there. He was an athletic coach, so I was able to go to trainings with him. There was no turning back. I started training athletics with ÍR and started competing right away. My goal is to qualify for WC U-19 2014. My dream is to become one of the best in the world in Heptathlon and qualify for Olympics 2016 and 2020. I would like to do well at Olympics and be one of the top 10. My other hobbies are spending time with my great family and friends. My favourite memory is when I finished the 800 m run at U- 19 European Championships 2013 and realized that I had improved my position at the European- and World ranking. I ended number 6. My favourite sports memory is when Aníta Hinriksdóttir, one of my best friends, became a European Champion U-19.
The main achievement
- Icelandic Champion and Trophy Champion in various events, as well as Relay Race.
- Junior Nordic Champion in 400 m run 2010.
- GSSE Champion in 400 m run 2011.
- 6th. at U-19 European Championships 2013.
- Many silver and bronze medals at Junior Nordic Championships.
- I have set Age Group Records in various events.
- Icelandic record in Womens 4x100 m Relay Race 2013.
- National Team member in Heptathlon, Relay Race and Hurdles